We are searching for a Senior Electronics Engineer in Toronto, ON, with the diverse technical experience required to design and develop leading-edge bio-medical devices for StarFish Medical’s world-renowned medical device portfolio. Reporting to the Electronics Engineering Manager, your experience will be invaluable in understanding client-specific technologies and product requirements. Your strong mechanical aptitude, familiarity with bio-medical technologies, and your effective verbal and written communication skills will all be utilized in this role.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
This position is based in Toronto, BC, where you will be working in an environment filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful. You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. StarFish project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- TTC/Transit subsidy
- Understand client-specific technologies and product requirements.
- Conceive, design, and integrate electrical sub-systems into medical devices.
- Analyze and select components to meet product needs.
- Create schematics, circuit boards, and develop low-level firmware.
- Simulate and verify designs, document design decisions and results.
- Work under the Starfish Quality Management System and related design and development procedures and standards.
- Develop and document products appropriately for manufacturing transfer and submission for regulatory approvals.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions or design defects.
- Provide technical assistance when needed.
- Report on project progress as requested.
- Maintain and expand your technical knowledge and skills.
- Contribute to Starfish’s continuous improvement processes.
- Any other related duties, as required.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Electronics Engineering. (Consideration for demonstrated experience and capability in lieu of academic qualifications.)
- 10 + Years of diverse technical experience in product development.
- Design for Manufacturability/Test; strong mechanical aptitude desired.
- Theory and practice of Design for Electromagnetic Compliance.
- Board layout experience required (Altium software knowledge desired).
- Hands on experience soldering and reworking SMT (Surface mount technology).
- Familiarity with common bio-medical technologies (ultrasonics, optics, lasers, electromagnetics, fluidics, control systems).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting through email@example.com with a resume and a covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.