We are searching for Senior Electronics Engineers in Toronto or Victoria with the diverse technical experience required to design and develop leading-edge bio-medical devices for StarFish Medical’s world-renowned medical device portfolio. Reporting to the Electronics Engineering Manager, your experience will be invaluable in understanding client-specific technologies and product requirements. Your strong electronics aptitude, familiarity with bio-medical technologies, and your effective verbal and written communication skills will all be utilized in this role.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Our ideal Senior Electronics Engineer candidate brings:
- At least 10 years of diverse technical experience in product development is required, preferably in an ISO9001/13485
- Bachelors or Master Degree in Electronics Engineering preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience conceiving, designing, and integrating electrical sub-systems into medical devices, and familiarity with common bio-medical technologies (ultrasonics, optics, lasers, electromagnetics, fluidics, control systems) preferred.
- Experience in a consulting environment working with client-specific technologies and product requirements would be considered a bonus.
- Highly organized style, with ability to undertake and prioritize a multitude of tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
This position is based in Toronto, Ontario or Victoria, British Columbia, where you will be working in an environment filled with both a sense of engineering excellence and truly meaningful employee engagement and transparency. You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. StarFish project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a covering letter that includes your salary expectations, and describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after acknowledgment of application, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.