We are seeking an experienced Senior Firmware Engineer, based in Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON, who will enjoy working collaboratively and mentoring engineers in the design, implementation, and development of the innovative, cutting edge medical device products developed at Starfish Medical. StarFish Medical manufacturing focuses on new product introduction (NPI) and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
What does StarFish Medical offer you?
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology with Project Managers, clients and talented multi-disciplinary teams
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology from the proof of concept through to manufacturing and release
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Does this describe you?
- You are known as a C expert, and it would be a bonus if you have used assembler and/or C++.
- You understand how C code interfaces with real world hardware to the level of individual bits.
- You bring a unique engineering ability as a firmware developer and have the capability to understand the requirements of the hardware integration.
- You’re experienced at interfacing to the micro peripherals and producing deterministic code without an OS.
- You’re able to read C library code and understand how is compiled and linked into the project.
- Your experience provides you with a comfort level handling a variety of microcontrollers, oscilloscopes, function generators and multimeters, to name a few.
- You understand coding details and you know how to incorporate them into the bigger picture – you are a ‘project integrator’.
- You have the ability to translate the technical jargon to both peers and to cross-functional teams. In effect, you can zero in on code detail, but you can rise above to the 10,000 foot level and see the bigger picture too.
If this describes you, we would welcome your confidential application!
Please see the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the finer details of this position. A benefits and profit sharing package is included, and the salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Expertise in C and proven experience in programming hardware interfaces.
- 10 Years of recent, related experience developing firmware for commercial products.
- 5 Years of demonstrated experience managing, developing, motivating and mentoring engineering teams.
- A Degree or Technical Certification in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, electronics, Physics, or equivalent.
- Experience in product development, specifically developing firmware for electronic devices, throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written, and verbal in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate as an effective team player.
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
How to apply:
You are encouraged to review the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca, and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a covering letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after the initial acknowledgement of your application, only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.