We are searching for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Analyst to join our award-winning medical device development and manufacturing company in Victoria, BC. StarFish Medical manufacturing focuses on new product introduction (NPI) and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Senior Infrastructure Analyst will play a key role supporting the existing systems, as well as designing, and deploying enterprise class IT services to support future growth. The successful candidate brings proven experience managing projects in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment and a strong service orientation.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
- Bike Share station within 5 minute walk and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
- Electric Vehicle charging station in Victoria
Our Ideal Senior Infrastructure Analyst Candidate Brings:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience supporting IT environments spanning multiple sites
- 5+ Years of experience working on projects in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining services
- Demonstrated service orientation and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cloud Computing and Microsoft 365\Azure AD knowledge and implementation experience
- Windows\Linux OS Server deployment and administration experience
- Multiple hypervisor experience (Hyper-V, VMware)
- MS Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL Server, and SharePoint administration
- Experience maintaining ERP, PDM, and PLM systems and experience configuring and maintaining enterprise Backup systems
- Development and testing of Disaster Recovery Plans
- Deploying and maintaining Cisco Networking, VLAN, Wireless, WAN, and VPN
- Firewall and Network Security Expertise
Responsibilities of the Senior Infrastructure Analyst include:
- Providing ongoing operational support and maintenance of all systems and infrastructure configured in a hybrid cloud environment
- Overseeing the design, deployment, and maintenance of new technology
- Working on IT driven initiatives including upgrades, system builds, network security, and projects
- Deploying, configuring, and maintaining the enterprise backup and disaster recovery process
- Follows industry best practices in relation to systems implementation, documentation, and validation for regulation requirements
- Maintains an acceptable service level through the development and implementation of ITSM frameworks, processes, procedures, and policies
- Provides mentorship and development to junior members of the team
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified Senior Infrastructure Analyst applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.