We are searching for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our award-winning medical device development and manufacturing company in Victoria, BC. StarFish Medical manufacturing focuses on new product introduction (NPI) and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will use analysis, modeling and various prototyping techniques to develop components and systems as part of the whole solution for StarFish clients. You will have the opportunity to utilize your extensive problem solving skills and vast breadth of knowledge and experience to find exciting solutions for their clients. The successful candidate will have worked in a regulated medical device development and/or manufacturing field, plus bring solid 3D modeling CAD software (preferably SolidWorks), as well as ASME Y14.100 drawing standard expertise.
For a more detailed overview of the responsibilities and to determine if you have the required skills and attributes to be successful in the role, please be sure to review the Job Description.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience, ideally with 6+ years in a regulated medical device development and/or manufacturing field.
- Experience with 3D modeling CAD software, preferably SolidWorks, as well as ASME Y14.100 drawing standards.
- Experience in a project-based consulting engineering environment would be an asset.
Additional Qualifications (Desirable):
- Precision mechanical design.
- Excellent hands-on skills.
- Project planning and project management experience.
- Requirements gathering experience.
- An understanding of electrical principles and electronics.
How to Apply
After reviewing the Job Description to learn about the finer details of Senior Mechanical Engineer role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter that indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC. If you are not currently based in Victoria, please confirm your willingness to relocate for this role in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.