The Project Management team at StarFish Medical is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC. In this role, you will manage innovative product development projects and be the champion for our diverse portfolio of clients. Proven leadership abilities and excellent communication skills are imperative as you will lead and mentor our talented cross-functional team of engineers to successfully deliver cutting-edge, ground-breaking medical products and novel technologies.
As the single point of contact for StarFish, you will be taking full ownership of client relationships, providing them with exceptional support every step of the way. Strong engineering know-how is required as you will be the technical lead in translating the client’s needs to our product development team, and the ability to convey technical information to different audiences is essential.
Do you bring experience leading product development projects in a regulated environment, with accountability for budget, schedule, scope, and resource planning? Do you thrive when you are inspiring teams to meet their common goals? Do you bring an entrepreneurial mind-set and a continual thirst for knowledge? If you have answered “yes”, this may be the role you have been hoping for!
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Award winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principles.
- Competitive compensation.
- Team profit sharing program.
- Excellent company-paid benefits package.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Monthly All-hands meetings and social events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours.
- 50% BC Transit/TTC cost sharing.
- Both locations offer shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work, and Victoria offers Galloping Goose access close by, while Toronto offers a Bike Share station within 5 minute walk to the office.
- Both locations offer free parking on-site or around the premises.
Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager include:
- Lead design teams to develop new medical products and novel technologies throughout the product life cycle from initial concept through to detailed design.
- Initiate and steer effective brainstorming sessions that will spawn creative, open-minded, out-of-the-box thinking and creative business development ideas.
- Effective navigation of the “triple constraint” of budget, schedule, and scope on complex and dynamic product development programs.
- Strategic management of the expectations of StarFish Medical’s customers, including identification of “need” vs “want” and presentation of trade-off evaluations to support decision-making.
- Market and advocate for StarFish Medical’s capabilities and core competencies to potential and existing clients to help expand the reach of the business including the development of new proposals.
- Support and mentor our project managers and project engineers.
- Creative application of various project management approaches depending on the situation, be it lightweight frameworks that enable rapid iteration or robust deployments for established manufactured products.
- Continue to support products through the manufacturing transfer and ongoing production, including creating and managing ECRs, ECO’s, and liaising with clients to resolve product issues.
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), including developing and maintaining documentation.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 10 years of technical experience in a regulated field (experience in medical device, aeronautics, shipbuilding, or automotive sectors would be highly beneficial).
- 5 years of project management experience with budget, schedule, and scope accountability.
- Strong experience with client management and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary product development projects including electromechanical systems with software.
- Resource planning and management experience (e.g., labour forecasting and management) is required.
- QMS and regulatory experience is required (ISO 13485 experience is ideal).
- Excellent communications, problem solving and negotiating skills.
Additional experience that is desirable:
- Contract management experience.
- Systems engineering experience.
- Some business development, sales, and marketing experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Senior Project Manager ” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.