The Project Management team at StarFish Medical is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC. In this role, you will manage innovative product development projects and be the champion for our diverse portfolio of clients. Proven leadership abilities and excellent communication skills are imperative as you will lead and mentor our talented cross-functional team of engineers to successfully deliver cutting-edge, ground-breaking medical products and novel technologies.
As the single point of contact for StarFish, you will be taking full ownership of client relationships, providing them with exceptional support every step of the way. Strong engineering know-how is required as you will be the technical lead in translating the client’s needs to our product development team, and the ability to convey technical information to different audiences is essential.
Do you bring experience leading product development projects in a regulated environment, with accountability for budget, schedule, scope, and resource planning? Do you thrive when you are inspiring teams to meet their common goals? Do you bring an entrepreneurial mind-set and a continual thirst for knowledge? If you have answered “yes”, this may be the role you have been hoping for!
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture and engaged team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours. Some events cater to the individual and others to their family or Covid-bubble
Responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager include:
- Lead design teams to develop new medical products and novel technologies throughout the product life cycle from initial concept through to detailed design.
- Initiate and steer effective brainstorming sessions that will spawn creative, open-minded, out-of-the-box thinking and creative business development ideas.
- Effective navigation of the “triple constraint” of budget, schedule, and scope on complex and dynamic product development programs.
- Strategic management of the expectations of StarFish Medical’s customers, including identification of “need” vs “want” and presentation of trade-off evaluations to support decision-making.
- Market and advocate for StarFish Medical’s capabilities and core competencies to potential and existing clients to help expand the reach of the business including the development of new proposals.
- Support and mentor our project managers and project engineers.
- Creative application of various project management approaches depending on the situation, be it lightweight frameworks that enable rapid iteration or robust deployments for established manufactured products.
- Continue to support products through the manufacturing transfer and ongoing production, including creating and managing ECRs, ECO’s, and liaising with clients to resolve product issues.
- Adhere to and enhance the Quality Management System (QMS), including developing and maintaining documentation.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 10 years of recent, related product development life cycle management, with experience in the medical device, aeronautics or automotive preferred.
- 5 years of project management experience with budget, schedule, and scope accountability.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary product development projects including electromechanical systems with software.
- Resource planning and management experience (e.g., labour forecasting and management) is required.
- QMS and regulatory experience is required (ISO 13485 experience is ideal).
- Excellent communications, problem solving and negotiating skills.
Additional experience that is desirable:
- Contract management experience.
- Systems engineering experience.
- Some business development, sales, and marketing experience.
It is a condition of employment that the employee have and maintain all recommended and current dosages of any of the approved COVID-19 vaccinations in Canada and disclose the employee’s vaccination status to the company.
If this opportunity describes you, and you are eager to join our collaborative project management team, we will welcome your confidential application. We look forward to meeting you! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal. Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on Sunday, February 27, 2022.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through the StarFish Medical Portal with a resume and cover letter that indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.