Senior Software Engineer
Toronto, ON and Victoria, BC
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC to join the StarFish Medical team designing world-renowned medical devices. Your leadership experience developing software for commercial products will be invaluable as you will be designing, implementing, maintaining, and documenting software for the medical products developed at Starfish Medical. You will own the software design process, from the initial concept stage through to a complete release to manufacturing. To be successful in the role, effective verbal and written communication skills and your ability to prioritize responsibilities while remaining highly flexible in a demanding product development environment will be required.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Our ideal Senior Software Engineer candidate brings:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience developing software for commercial products is required, with experience developing firmware in a highly-regulated industry, such as: aerospace, medical or automotive preferred.
- Previous experience in a Software Lead or Senior Software position is required.
- Bachelors or Technical Certification in Computer Science/Engineering, Physics preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working within a Medical Quality Management System (e.g. ISO13485, IEC60601-1, IEC62304) is preferred
- Experience in Fault Tolerance and Design for Testing is preferred.
- Highly organized style, with ability to prioritize responsibilities and be highly flexible in a demanding product development environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
This position is based in Toronto, Ontario or Victoria, British Columbia, where you will be working in an environment filled with both a sense of engineering excellence and truly meaningful employee engagement and transparency. You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. StarFish project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description, qualified Senior Software Engineers are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a covering letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after acknowledgment of application, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.