We have a new opportunity for a Senior Software Project Manager in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC. As a Senior Software Project Manager, you will apply a systems-level view to your primary focus, leading teams to deliver software and embedded firmware integral to medical devices. You will be taking ownership of client relationships, providing them with exceptional communication and support at every step of the way. Strong engineering know-how is required as you will be the technical lead in translating the client’s needs to our product development team. The ability to convey technical information to different audiences is essential. And while formally part of the Program Management group, you will work closely with the software engineering team and systems engineering team on a diverse range of projects.
What does StarFish Medical offer you?
The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Award-winning culture
- Competitive compensation
- Team profit sharing program
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC /TTC Transit cost-sharing in Victoria & Toronto, respectively.
- Partner with clients to identify product requirements and needs for new projects and work with them to gain an understanding of how we can help them from both a software and a systems perspective
- Spearhead the planning and execution of the software and firmware aspects of projects to integrate with the overall development plan (interface identification, integration strategy, testing approach, release management)
- Assess project needs and facilitate the selection process for each application’s most appropriate platforms, protocols, languages, frameworks, and tools.
- Lead overall software issue tracking for projects, including the tailoring of the process and toolset as needed
- Apply technical skills to understand and make project tradeoffs, prioritize partner needs, challenge assumptions, and evaluate project work and risks.
- Strategically manage expectations with clients, including exploration of “need” vs “want” and presenting tradeoff evaluations to support decision-making
- Effectively communicate with different stakeholders, translating ideas across domains to hardware engineers, software engineers, systems engineers, project managers, and external clients.
- Identify opportunities to improve qualification and release processes, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Oversee the work of team members to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, company procedures, product requirements, and specifications.
- Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a consulting environment is desired, and experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or not, would be advantageous
- Previous experience with software project management for integrated hardware/software product development
- Experience with different product development delivery models is an asset (Agile, Hybrid, Exploratory, Waterfall, etc.)
- At least 5 years experience of in managing similar projects is required to be successful in this role
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.