We are searching for a Senior Systems Engineer in Victoria, BC, or Toronto, ON, who will be responsible for working in concert with program management and the technical team to identify the ideal technical solution for the client within program constraints. StarFish Medical manufacturing focuses on new product introduction (NPI) and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
As a Systems Architect or Solutions Architect, you are the expert within the domain of System Engineering. As our Senior Systems Engineer, your assignments will be varied, and given the variety in program constraints, you know that there isn’t a “one size fits all” solution and you will bring creative and innovative solutions and draft the architecture to suit the specific systems engineering needs of our client.
You’re comfortable working alongside Program Managers, Project Managers and enjoy mentoring others within the Systems Engineering team. You are adept at building collaborative, cross functional and high functioning teams, and your communication skills successfully bring these diverse groups together to spawn creative, open-minded, and out-of- the-box thinking. You are interested in contributing to the development and improvement of processes, procedures and training materials and you may also deploy training to other staff members.
A typical year at StarFish Medical means hands-on involvement with multiple projects for medical devices that meet various international regulatory standards in conformance with Starfish’s Quality Management System.
If you have a minimum of 10 years of recent related experience and you are interested in relocating for this opportunity, we encourage you to review the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to find out more about this Senior Systems Engineering leadership role.
StarFish Medical offers:
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning creative, collegial, and supportive company culture
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit and Toronto transit cost sharing for monthly passes
- Galloping Goose cycling access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
- Bike Share station within 5 minute walk and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Toronto
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or similar degrees in Mechanical, Electrical or Software/Firmware or Systems.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of recent related experience.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills and capabilities.
- Demonstrated systems thinking capabilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including ability to maintain accurate records and traceability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts and requirements clearly.
- Experience writing, reviewing, and executing test plans.
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty and able to rapidly understand new technologies and incorporate on-the-fly change of plans.
- Knowledge of medical device development in an ISO 13485 or other regulated industry is desired.
Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
Located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC, StarFish Medical’s open concept office is an environment filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful. You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting [firstname.lastname@example.org] with a resume and a cover letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement. No phone calls please.