StarFish Medical has a new opportunity for a Supply Chain Consultant in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC. Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Consultant’s primary responsibility is designing a tailored supply chain management structure/framework for a new medical device, including; managing the procurement of raw materials for manufacturing, forecasting & supply planning, dispensing & inventory management and the distribution on behalf of our client.
The position requires excellent knowledge of procuring electronics parts, surface finishing, molding, and machined goods, great attention to detail, an in-depth understanding of the delivery process, and exceptional analytical skills. You will leverage your interpersonal and problem-solving skills to gather information and challenge assumptions from cross-functional teams (clients, engineers, suppliers, etc.) regarding procuring parts and recommend ways of improving the supply chain. The role holder will also look to improve the efficiency of supply chain operations through data collection and analysis.
Are you great at analyzing and improving supply chain data, cost, and processes? Do you love consultative engagements, using feedback to design and present a plan of action to improve efficiency and cost reduction in the supply chain? Are you highly collaborative, engaging, and detail-oriented, and do you have the flexibility to adapt to a very fast-paced work environment? If this sounds like you and this opportunity sounds intriguing, keep reading!
What does StarFish Medical offer you?
- The opportunity to work on ground-breaking technology.
- Award-winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principles.
- Competitive compensation.
- Team profit-sharing program.
- Excellent company-paid benefits package.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Monthly All-hands meetings.
- Active social committee.
- 50% BC Transit / TTC cost-sharing in Toronto.
- Both locations offer shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work; Victoria offers Galloping Goose access close by, while Toronto offers a Bike Share station within a 5-minute walk to the Office.
- Both locations offer free parking on-site or around the premises.
- Design and implement methods to gather current and future project/clients’ data and manage to redesign the supply chain (Costed BOM, approved suppliers, quality requirements, contracts, and logistics/distribution) according to project strategy.
- Review and analyze data to locate areas in the supply chain process ready for manufacturing scalability.
- Identify risks and opportunities in the project/clients’ supply chain.
- Understand product (medical device) cost structure, identify and analyze variances, and visualize cost deltas. Perform cost variance reporting.
- Seek out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods.
- Research partner companies and seek to negotiate best-price contracts.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects.
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values.
- Organize and attend meetings with cross-functional teams to drive alignment. Maintained internal supply chain database and ensured it was always up to date.
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Raw materials purchasing/supplier experience (surface finishing, molding, machined goods) is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of all supply chain processes (procurement, supplier and material qualification, contract management, inventory management and logistics/distribution).
- Experience in analyzing and improving supply chain data, cost, and processes.
- Ability to collaborate and be an effective team player.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges that must be addressed.
- Strong ability to prioritize responsibilities and be highly flexible in a demanding environment.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Strong attention to detail, highly efficient and effective time management skills.
- Excellent track record of building successful client and vendor relationships.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably with SYSPRO.
- Knowledge of quality standards such as ISO:9001 and ISO:13485 is a plus.
StarFish Medical is Canada’s leading Medical Device Design service provider with a full complement of design, development, and manufacturing services in Victoria and Toronto. We successfully partner with innovative companies (both large and small) to create breakthrough products for several medical specialty areas. Our work environment received Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture awards for the year 2021 & 2022, recognizing best-in-class cultures that have helped enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
If you experience difficulties with the StarFish Medical Job Portal, don’t hesitate to contact [email protected] with the subject line “Supply Chain Consultant | Job Portal Issue.”
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted after initial acknowledgement.