StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development firm, is growing and requires the expertise of a Technical Support Specialist. This role reports to the Director of IS/IT. Role holder will be responsible for investigating moderate and complex issues by confirming the validity of the problem and the right proffering solutions. The Technical Support Specialist will provide first-level technical and application support to StarFish employees. The successful candidate brings a passion for technology and a customer service mindset. The technical support specialist is a team player with strong technical knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Are you a strong team player who enjoys resolving technical desktop issues with a smile on your face? Would you love to be a part of a company helping humanity through medical device technology? If this sounds like you, and this opportunity sounds intriguing, keep reading!
StarFish Medical offers the following:
- Award-winning culture with strong core values
- Intrinsic reward – helping humanity through innovative medical devices
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Strong Team orientation and collaborative environment
- An active social committee tasked with coming up with fantastic employee events. Some events cater to the individual and others to their family.
- Provide front line support for service requests ensuring a courteous, timely, and effective response/resolution
- Management and prioritization of service request queue and escalation to Tier III
- Support Windows 10 and Mac OS desktop operating systems
- Provide support for Microsoft 365, MS Teams, SharePoint, and multiple COTS applications
- Troubleshoot hardware devices such as printers, telephones, video conferencing units, and other peripheral devices
- Imaging desktop computers and applications for new hardware deployments
- Maintain inventory of all desktop computer hardware
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g., WAN/LAN, Wireless, and VPN access)
- Participates in or undertakes project-related tasks when appropriate
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of customers with varying computer abilities
- Reliable and accountable
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methodologies, tools, and techniques utilized in providing technical desktop support
- Ability to gather information, diagnose and analyze various complex technical issues and deliver creative and innovative technical solutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Active Directory
- Experience with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrade of Windows operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Familiar with remote desktop management and support tools
- Experience and knowledge in information technology information library (ITIL) methodologies
- Available for after-hours maintenance or after-hours projects
How To Apply:
Qualified Technical Support Specialist applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.