Based in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC, we have a new opportunity for an experienced User Interface (UI) Designer to join the highly engaged and collaborative Product Development team at StarFish Medical The UI Designer will weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to simplify and improve how users navigate our digital interface designs. Your expertise will be used to delight users of our award-winning medical devices with designs that inspire, engage and excite!
StarFish Medical offers the UI Designer:
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Satisfaction of helping others through the development of cutting edge medical devices
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
Key responsibilities of the UI Designer include:
- Conceptualize and create visual interface designs using the latest techniques that deliver exciting user experiences for StarFish medical devices.
- Innovate novel ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site/app maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Create and iterate rapid visual prototypes suitable for usability testing.
- Support the human factors team in user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote GUI design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Create robust design packages that seamlessly transfer to developers.
- Communicate with clients and ensure the product vision is well captured and conveyed.
- Be in the know of the latest trends on GUI designs, tools and techniques.
- Be passionate about premium digital experiences!
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- BA or BSc. in Design (e.g. Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, or Industrial), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of UI design experience, with medical device or experience in a regulated environment ideal but not required.
- Experience with application development of commercial products.
- Proficient knowledge of critical UI tools such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Miro or other similar collaboration software.
- Ability to convert compelling digital user experiences into stunning visual designs.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You will work with some of the best design strategists, designers and engineers in North America to help direct, create and deliver cutting edge products for international medical device markets. Our project areas range from tactical EMS products, surgical tools and consumer diagnostic devices through to high volume disposables, complex IVD systems, imaging technologies and lab equipment.
In our surveys, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified UI Designer applicants are encouraged to apply through the brand new StarFish Medical Job Portal with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.