We have an exciting opportunity for a UX Design Lead in Toronto, ON or Victoria, BC to join Canada’s premier medical device development group, StarFish Medical. Your mastery of digital experiences, with a particular focus on the product and applications space, will complement their highly talented multidisciplinary team. You will use your natural leadership abilities to grow the digital design and experience team while advocating for and delivering compelling user experiences to our customers.
As a key member of the Product Development team, the UX Design Lead will work closely with the Industrial Design and Human Factors teams, and there will be the opportunity to ask difficult questions, use good strategy, and apply innovative technologies and follow through to create well-engineered, award-winning medical device interfaces and experiences. Your deep knowledge of available technologies and techniques will both stand on their own, and complement the hardware development teams on projects.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
- Bike Share station within 5 minute walk and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Toronto
Key responsibilities of the UX Design Lead:
- Represent the Digital Product Design practice at a leadership level within a closely linked multidisciplinary organization and with customers at a face to face level
- Work closely with Business Development on the front line to position UX as an important piece of the puzzle that provides our customers measurable business value
- Quickly identify and build strong relationships with key project stakeholders
- Provide team leadership that builds confidence, and co-ownership of projects to produce successful outcomes
- Create and manage successful compelling solutions to UX challenges with little to no oversight while managing the budget and delivering on time
- Create, maintain and sustain positive client interactions to sustain healthy client relationships that promote future collaborations
- Effectively manage UX resources on projects in a lean UX framework
This is a brief overview of the responsibilities of the UX Design Lead. To see a more detailed list of the responsibilities of the role and to find out more about this dynamic opportunity, please be sure to review the full Job Description at www.TallSky.ca.
Our ideal UX Design Lead candidate brings:
- A., B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Design (e.g. Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, or Industrial Design), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS), or a related field or equivalent practical experience or related background
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in UX design, ideally with at least 3 years specifically in medical device development
- Minimum of 5 years leading UX teams in multidisciplinary teams
- Minimum 5-7 years experience with application product design
- Expert knowledge of a multitude of software such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Miro or other similar collaboration software
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Passionate about UX Design and premium digital experiences!
- Project planning knowledge and experience
Nice to have:
- Familiar with usability related regulatory body standards and guidances would be a plus
- Experience in hospital environment observations and user interviews
- Excellent front end skills with the ability to tell a great story
- Experience in a design control environment
- Experience with a PDM system
- Experience in a fee-for-service consultancy environment
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
How to apply for the UX Design Lead role:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of this exciting UX Design Lead role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.