StarFish Medical is seeking a Vice President of Information Systems and Information Technology (ISIT) who will define, develop and implement technology systems, solutions and capabilities across this high growth, fast-paced enterprise. Working with the COO in this new role, the Vice President of ISIT will lead the future focused provision to ensure the information technology infrastructure is updated and collaborate to design the information systems to enable the organization to continue to grow.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of architecting the information systems strategy setting the appropriate balance between flexibility and operational structure required for information and technology systems in the company. The Vice President of ISIT will have full responsibility for diverse and complex information systems functions as well as IT operations. Success will hinge on the candidate’s ability to manage all change aspects of the systems implementations. The Vice President will be relied upon to build strong and productive relationships with all business leaders, serving as a true partner and making technology a core business capability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in developing the company’s overarching information systems and technology strategy and digital vision.
- Develop, implement, and supervise a technology/cyber security vision and multi-year information systems roadmap.
- Lead the development of information system architectures for the organization’s applications, data and technology that support a regulated environment.
- Lead the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the information systems architecture in collaboration with the business leaders
- Manage risk, resource allocation, project prioritization, and research
- Lead the development, allocation and oversight of information technology annual and long-range budgets and initiatives.
- Be a change enthusiast and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Ensure that current and planned investments and solutions are aligned with business objectives and are scalable to enable future growth and expansion.
- Participate and contribute to the organization’s operational efficiency in a wide range of strategic, operational, and professional decisions.
- Build and maintain collegial relationships with business leaders.
- Lead and manage a team of IS/IT professionals with a focus on service excellence.
- Champion a culture of innovation, communication, and accountability in the technology organization.
- Lead the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the technology infrastructure that supports the company’s, current and future operations, and information business applications.
- Ensure appropriate service levels are established and consistently met.
- Build capability to maintain business continuity while integrating, optimizing, and driving alignments across the organization.
- Implement an appropriate mentality and framework of scalable and agile processes, infrastructure, and development/delivery methodologies, which support the company’s business now and, in the future, while managing risks associated with transformation.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems, business, or an equivalent field of study is required.
- 10(+) years of recent, related technology operations leadership experience.
- Strategic innovator with shown ability to set direction, create strategies and business plans and implement the plans/strategies.
- Experience in leading all aspects of the implementation of effective and innovative software, processing systems, concepts, and methodologies.
- Demonstrable ability to work in partnership with participants from multiple departments and levels, and develop wise strategies
- Repeatable experience redefining environments through the implementation of new technologies.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, being an effective change agent in the organization.
- Strong consensus builder with consistent record of implementing lasting change
- Problem-solver mentality with collaborative decision-making skills to build effective relationships across a wide set of collaborators and business areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with proven written and verbal skills to convey information to a diverse audience.
- Effective budgeting practices.
- A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems, business, or an equivalent field of study is required.
- Systems implementation consulting experience.
- Regulated industry experience.
StarFish Medical is Canada’s leading Medical Device Design service provider with a full complement of design, development, and manufacturing services in Victoria and Toronto. We successfully partner with innovative companies (both large and small) to create breakthrough products for a number of medical specialty areas. Our work environment received Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2021 award recognizing best-in-class cultures that have helped enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
If you experience any difficulties with the StarFish Medical Job Portal, please reach out to [email protected] with the subject line “Vice President of Information Systems and Information Technology | Job Portal Issue”.
We thank all candidates who apply; however after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.