As part of a multidisciplinary team of medical technology experts, the Electrical Engineer contributes to the design and development of cutting-edge medical devices in conformance with Starfish’s Quality Management System and international regulatory standards.
Do you have a minimum of 2 years of recent experience designing electronic devices in a product development role and enjoy continuously expanding your technical knowledge and skills? Do you bring a strong mechanical aptitude and a demonstrated ability to apply electronics theory and critical thinking to solve challenging technical problems?
If you excel at designing, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting electrical sub-systems and novel electronic devices and want to be part of the collaborative and innovative team culture at StarFish Medical this opportunity is for you. In this role you will contribute to the design and development of complex devices and be part of a company that truly makes a difference in people’s lives!
Key Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer:
- Designs, prototypes, tests, and troubleshoots electrical sub-systems and electronic devices of moderate complexity and contributes to the design and development of complex devices.
- Creates schematics diagrams, lays out printed circuit boards, and on occasion writes low-level firmware.
- Simulates and verifies designs documenting design decisions and results to maintain traceability.
- Applies electronics engineering expertise to ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Contributes to the development and verification of detailed specifications based on client-specific technologies and product requirements.
- Generates documentation for verification, transfer to manufacturing , and for submission to regulatory approval authorities.
To see more key responsibilities of the role and to find out more about the Electrical Engineer opportunity, please be sure to review the Job Description.
Our Ideal Electrical Engineer Candidate Brings:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience designing electronic devices in a product development role.
- Experience designing PCB’s (Altium Designer experience preferred).
- Hands-on experience bringing up, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware (including soldering and reworking SMT parts).
- Demonstrated ability to apply electronics theory and critical thinking to solve challenging technical problems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Comfortable operating basic lab equipment (bench supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, bench multimeters, spectrum analyzers, etc.).
- Proficiency in Electrical CAD software for schematic capture and PCB design (Ex. Altium, OrCAD, KiCAD).
- Circuit analysis using a SPICE simulator (Ex. LTSpice, TinaTI, etc.).
- Hardware design for embedded systems.
- Design for Manufacturability & Test.
- Product development life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
StarFish Medical, Canada’s premier medical device development group, is located near Uptown in beautiful Victoria, BC. Their open concept office is an environment filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful. If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement of StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of the Electrical Engineer role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is based in Victoria, BC.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.