Toronto Medical Device Playbook images
VICTORIA, B.C., April 6, 2016— Medical Device Commercialization Playbook 2016 delivered two times the audience and events and featured four times the content and speakers of the inaugural event in 2015. Aimed at small and medium sized enterprises in the medical device sector, Medical Device Playbook events bring regional communities together with experts and entrepreneurs with multiple launch successes.
Produced by StarFish Medical and co-presented with LifeSciences BC in Vancouver, Medical Device Playbook 2016 drew 400+ attendees in Toronto ON and Vancouver BC to day long events on March 14 and 31 respectively.
“It is the only ‘conference’ of its type in Canada. I really enjoyed that it was all about the business and commercialization aspects of the health-tech industry and not heavily based on technology,” noted one participant.
Twenty-four industry veterans from start-ups, regulatory, venture capital and industry giant, Medtronic gave their time and insights to speak individually and in panels covering subjects including:
Scaling through acquisitions and being acquired
- Christie Medical
- Conavi Medical
- Uptake Medical
- FDA Audits
- CE Regulation changes
- Sketch to Launch
- Managing innovation
- Financing & Pitching to investors
- Preparing for exits
Macro Trends and Issues
- Medtech innovation outlook
- What’s transforming healthcare
- Medtech trends
- Innovation in Canada
Vancouver Medical Device Playbook images
Post event surveys indicate more than 90% of SME medical device company attendees rated the event and content as extremely or quite useful, and a similar number would be extremely or very likely to recommend the event to friends.
Attendee comments confirmed these ratings. In response to what they liked best about the events, participants noted:
- Practical tips and strategies provided
- Openness of speakers
- I enjoyed listening to many of the speakers and their personal experiences with their businesses- very inspiring.
- Very thorough presentation of challenges and solutions relevant to industry, many different perspectives – QA, Engineering, Sales, Investor Pitching and Applicability of Technology,
- Real-life experience of presenters
- Mostly actionable ideas
- The quality of the speakers – each one brought something helpful to the discussion and were well prepared.
- Topics were great and so relevant for all levels of manufacturers.
- Proximity (Vancouver); – Excellent range of topics covered by incredibly experienced, dedicated and the best of people
- Everyone is very approachable and comfortable/easy to chat with – in a casual atmosphere
- Real life stories and networking
- The energy, the program, the networking opportunities.
- Range of topics, real life stories.
- The real-world, detailed examples provided during several of the presentations; and the caliber of presenters & attendees & networking.
- I liked that the whole event was specialized on Medical Devices rather than being about entrepreneurship in general.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical provides award-winning design, development, and flexible manufacturing outsourcing services —100% dedicated to the medical device and life science marketplace. StarFish partners with innovative companies to create and manufacture breakthrough products for a full range of medical specialty areas including: Cardiovascular, Digital Health, IVD, Ophthalmology, Optics, and Ultrasound. StarFish expertise includes electronics, mechanical, human factors and software systems engineering.
Our proprietary Pathfinder™ process for medical device product definition saves clients time and resources throughout the technology and product development phases to commercialization. Prototype and low volume complex electro-mechanical production are delivered in an ISO 13485 certified facility with FDA registration, including cleanroom capabilities.
Regulatory and quality system (QMS) consultants at StarFish provide technical regulatory assistance for FDA and Health Canada submissions, including IEC 60601 and ISO13485.
Mike Camplin | firstname.lastname@example.org | 250.388.3531 ext. 210 | www.StarFishMedical.com