Assembly and Service Technician
On behalf of our client, StarFish Medical, we are searching for a detail oriented Assembly and Service Technician in Victoria, BC, to work on cutting edge technology with their high energy manufacturing team. In this role you will focus on assembling, testing, documenting and servicing a wide range of medical devices, from prototypes in development to market-ready medical devices. StarFish Medical focuses on new product introduction and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
As the Assembly and Service Technician you will be highly organized, self-motivated, and comfortable meeting a demanding shipping schedule. Attention to detail in the assembly and documentation of products is imperative for working in a quality management system.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Electric Vehicle charging station
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Key Responsibilities of the Assembly and Service Technician include:
- Providing mechanical and electrical assembly, in accordance with the company’s quality management system, which requires the use of adhesives, soldering irons, electrical safety testing and various tools within the facility.
- Inspecting incoming materials in accordance with item masters, drawings, and company quality systems.
- Liaising with product development to implement design changes and bring new products into manufacturing.
- Documenting NCR’s, RMA’s and product history in accordance with the company’s quality systems.
- Assessing and servicing products in-house or in the field according to company procedures.
To see more key responsibilities of the role and to find out more about this assembly and service opportunity, please be sure to review the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca.
Our ideal Assembly and Service Technician brings:
- Post-secondary education in manufacturing, engineering, technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with mechanical assembly, electronic assembly and system troubleshooting.
- The ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical drawings, BOMs and technical work instructions.
- An understanding of ISO Quality Systems.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft), and experience with SharePoint and ERP software an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
How To Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the key responsibilities and finer details of the Assembly and Service Technician role, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position. This position is on-site and based in Victoria, BC.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.