StarFish Medical is seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Project Manager in Victoria, BC, who will thrive in a role where they are inspiring, leading and managing our experienced and capable team of engineers and designers as they enable ground-breaking medical device companies to succeed. You will lead cross-functional teams to successfully deliver technical projects of varying complexity and scale on time and budget.
Understanding the dynamic nature of new product development is essential as you will strategically steer the project through change and expectation management as needed. Prior client management and stakeholder engagement will be highly beneficial as you will be responsible for liaising with clients throughout the development process to ensure their expectations are met while using your knowledge of sound engineering practices and regulatory requirements to navigate projects in the ISO 13485 environment. As an experienced member of our project management team, you will be guiding and mentoring others within your team. If this unique opportunity to make a real difference in medical technology is exciting to you, we invite you to apply!
$103,319 – $129,148 CAD for this position. Annual variable compensation tied to the completion of goals has a target that is 5-10% of the base salary. Employees are also eligible to earn profit sharing. Candidates demonstrating strong abilities may be considered for a different position with increased compensation.
StarFish Medical offers:
The opportunity to join a group of passionate individuals striving to make a meaningful impact, combined with:
- Award-winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principles.
- Profit sharing.
- Excellent company-paid benefits package.
- An active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours.
- 50% BC Transit cost-sharing in Victoria.
- Access to local biking trails, bike locker and shower facilities.
- Free parking on-site or around the premises.
As a Senior Project Manager you will:
- Lead and inspire design teams to develop new products and technologies from concept to detailed design.
- Effectively manage the “triple constraint” of budget, schedule and scope on complex, dynamic product development programs.
- Strategically manage expectations with StarFish Medical’s customers, including separating “need” from “want” and presenting trade-off evaluations to support decision-making.
- Apply a risk management approach to actively highlight and disposition threats and opportunities.
This is only a sampling of what your day as a Senior Project Manager could hold. Please be sure to review the Job Description at Senior Project Manager.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Engineering degree, physical science degree or equivalent education.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in a consulting environment is desired, and experience in a regulated industry, whether medical or not, would be advantageous.
- While PMP certification is not required, it is considered as an asset.
- Experience with Software Development, CAD, FEA Analysis, Rapid Prototyping, PCB Layout, or Manufacturing processes is desired.
- At least 10 years of experience managing similar complex projects is required to be successful in this role.
Desired Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Strong client management and stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong planning, problem solving, relationship building, and negotiation skills required to create win/win situations for our clients and our company.
- Strong leadership, mentorship, and visionary skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance numerous competing priorities.
About StarFish Medical
StarFish Medical is a leading North American contract product development and prototype/low-volume manufacturing firm with an award-winning culture focused on the medical and bio-device spaces. We tend to work on complex electromechanical devices across all medical specialties. We successfully partner with innovative companies (both large and small) to create breakthrough products for several medical specialty areas. In addition to product development, we supply intellectual property, regulatory, quality assurance, manufacturing transfer and optimization, supply chain and other complementary services. We are known for innovation, technical excellence, service-oriented culture, and operational systems.
We have been in business and growing for 25 years and we have over 200 staff located in two main offices in Victoria and Toronto, Canada, and business development staff across the US. Our work environment received Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture awards in 2021, 2022 and 2023, recognizing best-in-class cultures that have helped enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage. Click here to learn more about StarFish Medical.
StarFish Medical works with external compensation consultants annually to ensure our ranges reflect the market and our compensation philosophy. StarFish Medical utilizes a career framework that outlines the skills, abilities and behaviors required to move between levels of a job family. Placement within a range is based on those skills, abilities, and behaviors. When candidates are assessed for the posted position, we may find that their skills are more aligned with a different level and will discuss that as a separate opportunity. That position may have a different pay range.
How to Apply:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to [email protected] with the “Senior Project Manager” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.