We are searching for a Senior Project Manager who will be the champion for our new and existing clients and act as ombudsman to develop business opportunities for our thriving company.
The Senior Project Manager manages uncharted product development projects and leads and mentors their talented cross-functional teams of engineers to successfully deliver cutting-edge, innovative products on time and on budget. StarFish Medical manufacturing focuses on new product introduction (NPI) and low volume, specialty production of electro-mechanical medical devices.
In this multi-faceted project management position, you will enjoy leading diverse groups through the product life cycle, starting with the creative process for the initial concept, detailed design, through to the manufacturing and production process. Strategically responding to client requirements while nimbly adapting to changing circumstances in a fast paced, dynamic environment will be key to your success. You will apply design and project tradeoffs to solve problems on a continuous basis and your skilled communication will enhance an environment for open-minded, out-of-the-box thinking resulting in innovative medical technologies that meet QA and regulatory compliance standards.
You will take full ownership of client relationships, providing them with exceptional support as the single point of contact at StarFish, and you have the engineering know-how to take the technical lead in translating the client’s needs to the product development team. Employees at StarFish know, “Our success is measured by the success of our clients.”
Please see the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the finer details of this position. A benefits and profit sharing package is included, and the salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
What does StarFish Medical offer the Senior Project Manager?
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge technology with Project Managers, clients and talented multi-disciplinary teams
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology from the proof of concept through to manufacturing and release
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- An award winning company culture & tight knit team
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing in Victoria, and TTC/Transit subsidy in Toronto
- Galloping Goose access and shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work in Victoria
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical science, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience working through all aspects of the product development life cycle and stage gate process
- Minimum of 10 years of recent, related experience, primarily in the medical device field
- Leadership experience managing multi-functional teams through project management, and PMP certification is preferred
- Knowledge of sound engineering practices and regulatory requirements to navigate projects in the ISO13485 environment
- Track record of building successful client relationships
- Excellent communications, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience mentoring and working effectively with team members in remote locations and multiple time zones
- Tenacious personality and drive for success
If this describes you, we would welcome your confidential application!
How to apply:
You are encouraged to review the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca, and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and a covering letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after the initial acknowledgement of your application, only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.