VICTORIA, British Columbia, October 21, 2016 – StarFish Medical, Canada’s largest medical device design, development, and contract manufacturing company, announces StarFish Medical and ViVitro Labs will co-exhibit in booth 109 at BIOMEDevice San Jose Expo on December December 7-8, 2016. Use this link to register with Free Entry to the Expo.
StarFish Medical mechanical engineer, Nigel Syrotuck, and industrial designer, Paul Charlebois, will present Achieving Universality Vs. Simplicity in Design: Why Are Physicians and Patients Demanding Both? at the BIOMEDevice San Jose Conference at San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, CA.
Charles Garcia, StarFish Medical VP Business Development, and Douglas Bigrigg, ViVitro Labs North American Major Accounts Manager, will be showing a range of medical devices and cardiovascular device testing equipment in the exhibit hall. They include
- Otoharmonics’ Levo System, a personalized, neuroscience-based sound therapy for use in temporarily relieving the symptoms of tinnitus
- ViVitro Labs’ ViViFlow Electromagnetic flow meter which accurately measures flow for testing, research and laboratory applications.
Paul and Nigel will speak on Wednesday, December 7, as part of the Connected Health: Device and Ecosystem Integration track. They will discuss:
- Why are Universality Vs. Simplicity in Design important right now?
- Understanding the design principles behind universality and simplicity in UIs and what distinguishes these for product development
- Exploring the key role universality in UIs plays to increase adoption and helps users see how your product can benefit them
- Balancing universal design elements and simplicity features with cost during the design phase, and balancing against innovation
BIOMEDevice San Jose showcases emerging trends and innovations that will set the tone for the biomed industry in 2017 and beyond. The conference offers training on digital device trends and exploring effective ways to overcome barriers to market entry, all in a two-day Connected Health Device Development Summit.
About StarFish Medical:
StarFish Medical provides award-winning design, development, and flexible manufacturing outsourcing services —100% dedicated to the medical device and life science marketplace. StarFish partners with innovative companies to create and manufacture breakthrough products for a full range of medical specialty areas including: Cardiovascular, Digital Health, IVD, Ophthalmology, Optics, and Ultrasound. StarFish expertise includes electronics, mechanical, human factors and software systems engineering.
Our proprietary Pathfinder™ process for medical device product definition saves clients time and resources throughout the technology and product development phases to commercialization. Prototype and low volume complex electro-mechanical production are delivered in an ISO 13485 certified facility with FDA registration, including cleanroom capabilities.
Regulatory and quality system (QMS) consultants at StarFish provide technical regulatory assistance for FDA and Health Canada submissions, including IEC 60601 and ISO13485.
StarFish Medical Media Contact: Mike Camplin | email@example.com | 250.388.3531 ext. 210 | www.StarFishMedical.com