MEDevice San Diego
Part of the MedTech Entrepreneurship track, the Start-up CEO Panel will discuss:
- Identifying key business models for medical device start-ups
- Understanding the financial landscape for start-up funding in medtech
- Practical tips on how to make the startup-incubator relationship a win-win
- Leadership development: How to lead a team and win over talent for your start-up
Part of the Digital Health track, Mixing the Right Cocktail for mHealth Success will cover:
- Key insights into mobile health trends
- Aligning your product strategy to the right business model, the right regulatory path, the right evidence, and the right distribution channel
- Identifying commercial opportunities and challenges with mobile medical devices as an add-on to existing devices or stand-alone devices
- Determining the best mobile platform for your product to maximize user adoption and usability
Empowering the medical device community in Southern California with trusted insights from proven experts and exceptional networking opportunities, MEDevice San Diego is a unique, intimate event dedicated to education and networking for medical device professionals. The Conference program features the industry’s very best subject matter experts to address timely and relevant issues that impact your device design projects.
John Walmsley Bio:
VP of Product Development at StarFish Medical, John Walmsley is a Professional Physicist and holds a Master of Science in Optics from Queen’s University Belfast. Since joining StarFish in 2005, John has managed projects as diverse as 3D ultrasound development, emergency medical devices, and laboratory automation. He now oversees all product development activities at StarFish with a team of 30 engineers and designers. His early career focused on high reliability optoelectronics development and manufacturing transfer for companies including SDL Optics (later JDS Uniphase), and Hewlett Packard.