Scott Phillips, StarFish Medical President, and John Walmsley, StarFish Medical VP Product Development, will be speaking at the MEDevice San Diego 2014 Conference taking place on September 10th & 11th 2014 at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, San Diego, CA.
September 11, Scott will participate in the Pipeline Innovations Start-up Panel Discussion with StarFish Medical client, Cameron Schuler – President, Chief Executive Officer & Co-founder – VibeDX Diagnostic Corp.
- An exclusive panel of pioneering start-up companies candidly discussing their innovations, their journey in obtaining funding, and their forecast for getting to market.
John Walmsley is a returning speaker and will participate in two sessions. September 11, John will present:
Advancing Technology Transfer: How to Commercialize Innovative Medical Technology Faster for Less
- How do you take something that’s great and commercialize it
- Using partners and a Phase-Gate process to successfully translate research technology for equity, capital, and patient benefits
- Five vital checks to make pre-design control to optimize your intellectual property protection and medical device results
John will also chair a panel discussion on Must-Haves for Ultimate Hospital Interoperability – How and When Can This be Accomplished?
- An overview of hospital communication, including: provider-patient, provider-provider, and patient-patient communication
- Maintaining compliance with HIPPA patient privacy standards
- How is hospital interoperability falling short, and where can you make strides with your own devices?
Scott Phillips Biography: An entrepreneur known for helping entrepreneurs, Scott Phillips is President and CEO of StarFish Medical and ViVitro Labs Inc. StarFish is Canada’s largest medical device development services company– a “2014 PROFIT 500 Fastest growing Canadian Companies”, 2013 “100 Fastest Growing B.C. Companies” and 2011 LifeSciences BC Medical Device Company of the Year. Scott graduated in engineering physics from the University of British Columbia. He was 2011 Executive of the Year for the Vancouver Island Technology Association, 2012/13 Vice-chair of VIATeC’s board and a board member of the BC Medical Technology Industry Association. Scott’s passions are being a father, discovery, solving problems, outdoors adventures and helping people be successful.
John Walmsley Biography: VP of Product Development at StarFish Medical, John Walmsley is a Professional Physicist and holds a Master of Science in Optics from Queen’s University Belfast. Since joining StarFish in 2005, John has managed projects as diverse as 3D ultrasound development, emergency medical devices, and laboratory automation. He now oversees all product development activities at StarFish with a team of 30 engineers and designers. His early career focused on high reliability optoelectronics development and manufacturing transfer for companies including SDL Optics (later JDS Uniphase), and Hewlett Packard.
About MEDevice San Diego 2014: The MEDevice San Diego Conference program features some of the industry’s leading subject matter experts addressing the issues currently impacting your device design projects. This two-day conference covers a wide variety of topics, including: • 3D Printing • FDA Regulatory Compliance Standards • Disruptive Innovation • Consumerization of Medical Devices • Wearable Medical Technology and Remote Monitoring • Maximizing Both Health Outcomes and Reimbursement