Our top 2020 medical device development videos include 6 new videos. They join favorites from previous years and cover subjects including 2020 updates, COVID implications for research and POC devices, optimizing founder value, manufacturing for NPI, IVD insights, and working at StarFish.
- Medical Device NPI Manufacturing Expertise – 2020 StarFish Medical manufacturing managers discuss medical device NPI manufacturing. They share insights, examples and tips to improve NPI manufacturing performance for low volume, high complexity medical devices. #NPI #medicaldevices #manufacturing
- What it takes to build a $100M Medical Product or Company – Scott Phillips examines successful Canadian medtech entrepreneurs and identifies key success factors.
- Adapting ID / HF / UX Medical Device Research for COVID – This video shares tactics and examples of adapting KOL, formative, and summative research for COVID-19 guidelines. StarFish Medical’s ID / HF / UX team describe experiences from the Canadian Emergency Ventilators project and other devices.
- IEC 60601 Impact Testing Tips – Part of Nigel Syrotuck’s blog, Six IEC 60601 Impact Testing Tips, this video references IEC 60601-1 IEC 2005 Section 15.3.3. Refer to the most current version of this document for full information and remember that this video is intended as tips, not to be used as official practice.
- Medical Device Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Expertise 2020 – StarFish Medical team members share the experience, process, quality and innovation they bring to Medical Device entrepreneurs and organizations requiring QA/RA and QMS-in-a-Box assistance. This update focuses on 2020 QA/RA issues and opportunities.
- Why Human Factors Matter for Medical Devices – Dustin Demontigny explains the Who, What, Where, Why and How of Human Factors for Medical Devices. Human factors is a scientific study that evaluates and understands human interactions in relation to other elements of a system. Human factors engineering permits product developers to assess and mitigate risks associated with correct use and use errors of a product.
- Medtech Adventures: Steve Arless on Strategies from 3 Cardiovascular Startups – Steve Arless, serial medtech entrepreneur, talks about his entrepreneurial career and strategies from three successful cardiovascular startups: CryCath, CardioInsight, and SoundBite, in his Medtech Adventures interview with Scott Phillips. Currently the MedTech Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Centech, Steve has directed and created several medical device companies, from inception to major financing and public stock offerings, in addition to advancing new medical devices from R&D to commercialization and global sales marketing.
- Point of Care (POC) infectious disease diagnostics and medical device human factors – Nick Allan, StarFish Medical Bio Services Manager, provides an overview of Point of Care (POC) infectious disease diagnostics and the role of medical device human factors. Nick defines Point of Care applications and scenarios and explains the role of infectious disease diagnostics. He outlines key human factors considerations and concludes with a useful acronym of essential design considerations.
- In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Devices – Scott Phillips and StarFish Medical team members discuss the range and breadth of experience, process, quality and innovation they bring to In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Device entrepreneurs and organizations seeking to turn concepts into approved IVD medical devices.
- Working at StarFish Medical – Would you like to know what it’s like to work at StarFish Medical? 18 employees (including Founder and CEO, Scott Phillips) 14 questions about working at StarFish and living in Victoria. From company philosophy to traits that make StarFish employees unique and successful, spend six and a half minutes with our team. You’ll learn why we love Victoria BC and what makes us the largest medical device design and manufacturing company in Canada.
If you like the topics in our Top 10 medical device development videos, you will want to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Astero StarFish is the attributed author of StarFish Medical team blogs. We value teamwork and collaborate on all of our medical device development projects.