We love creating StarFish Medical videos to help viewers learn about medical device design, development and manufacture. We also appreciate the opportunity to showcase our talented team. It’s a great way to get a better sense of the people you will be partnering with at StarFish.
The top 10 viewed Starfish Medical videos for 2017 include 4 new videos and several favorites from previous years. Want to see them sooner? Subscribe to our Youtube channel or newsletter!
- Working at StarFish Medical Would you like to know what it’s like to work at StarFish Medical? 18 employees (including Founder and CEO, Scott Phillips) 14 questions about working at StarFish and living in Victoria. From company philosophy to traits that make StarFish employees unique and successful, spend six and a half minutes with our team. You’ll learn why we love Victoria BC and what makes us the largest medical device design and manufacturing company in Canada.
- Medical Device Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Scott Phillips, and Director of QA/RA, Vesna Janic, join StarFish Medical team members to discuss the experience, process, quality and innovation they bring to Medical Device entrepreneurs and organizations requiring QA/RA and QMS-in-a-Box assistance.
- In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Devices Scott Phillips and StarFish Medical team members discuss the range and breadth of experience, process, quality and innovation they bring to In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Device entrepreneurs and organizations seeking to turn concepts into approved IVD medical devices.
- Manufacturing StarFish Medical specializes in low to medium volume production of electromechanical medical devices. As a full service medical device manufacturer, we also pilot production for new product introduction for higher volumes. Hear case studies and unique StarFish manufacturing expertise from the team that makes it happen.
- IEC 60601 Impact Testing Tips This video references IEC 60601-1 IEC 2005 Section 15.3.3. Refer to the most current version of this document for full information and remember that this video is intended as tips, not to be used as official practice.
- 9 Tips to improve Medical Device Design & Usability The award winning Industrial Design and Human Factors team at StarFish Medical shares tips that will improve medical device design & usability. Using real life examples, these pros address testing, timelines, regulations, and mindsets that can positively impact the quality and usability of medical devices.
- Project Management Expertise Scott Phillips describes what’s unique about the company approach to project management. Five project managers talk about their approach to managing projects. Having the help of a project manager is critical for medical device design, development, and manufacture. Otherwise the project would blow up and take 3x longer. Without a good project manager, the design and development team wouldn’t systematically go after the high risk items. They wouldn’t know when it’s good enough and when to focus on something else.
- Technology Commercialization Scott Phillips and StarFish Medical team members discuss the range and breadth of experience, process, quality and innovation they bring to entrepreneurs and universities seeking to turn concepts into approved medical devices.
- What’s New in ISO 13485:2016 Many medical device regulatory requirements are changing: CMDCAS is being replaced by MDSAP, European regulations MDR and IVDR are replacing MDD and IVD, a revision of ISO 13485 becomes effective in Mar 2019. StarFish Medical QA/RA experts discuss these changes with an emphasis on ISO 13485:2016.
- Elizabeth Munro: Working with StarFish Medical Elizabeth Munro, Development Program Lead at Perimeter Medical Imaging describes her experience working with StarFish Medical on new and effective tools for surgeons to use during tissue removal surgeries. Perimeter Medical Imaging develops, patents, and commercializes advanced surgical imaging tools that allow surgeons, radiologists and pathologists to better assess microscopic tissue structures during surgical procedures.
- Manufacturing Designed for NPI Learn why choosing a development and manufacturing partner designed for New Product Introduction (NPI) is important to the success of your medical device. Hear from Scott Phillips, StarFish Medical President and Founder, and StarFish manufacturing and supply chain leaders. Subjects include 3 Root Causes of NPI Problems, Optimizing Supply Chain, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) Tips, and When to Involve Manufacturing in the Design Process.
Astero StarFish is the attributed author of StarFish Medical team blogs. We value teamwork and collaborate on all of our medical device development projects.