StarFish Medical is open for business. We are discussing and starting new projects with a priority to COVID-19 related devices.
Our work with clients on ground breaking medical device and bio services projects continues with minimal disruption. We follow the World Health Organization’s (WHO) recommendations and standards of personal care and hygiene to minimize potential exposure. Measures include limiting all non-essential travel, working from home where possible, and implementing COVID-19 appropriate hygiene practices.
We encourage everyone to join us in helping prevent the spread of the virus and protect the health of all people. StarFish is designed to work efficiently as a virtual team. 90% of our clients are located 100 plus miles from our offices.
Also like many of you, we have been figuring out how to meaningfully aid the COVID situation. We are actively and rapidly working on addressing the potential ventilator shortage. In addition, our Bio Services group is involved in COVID assay technology. Prime Minister Trudeau announced our NGEN ventilator project on March 31, 2020.
We use these industry resources to help stay on top of developments. They may be helpful as you chart your own COVID-19 plan of action.
Medical Device and Life Science Associations COVID-19 Resource Links
- Advamed – COVID-19 IVD Tests
- Biocom – Coronavirus Resource Center
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Schools, Workplaces & Community Locations
- Government of Canada’s COVID-19 web page
- MaRS – COVID-19 collection
- Lifesciences BC – COVID 19 INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES – Federal and Provincial Source Information
- LifeScience Washington – Combating Coronavirus Toolkit
- Medical Alley – COVID-19 “Resource Connect”
For more medical device and life sciences information, check out our April newsletter devoted to COVID-19 tips, insights, and regulatory considerations for medical devices.
In the meantime, let’s keep innovating, digging deeper, and creating great medical devices.
CEO and President