Canada’s premier high-tech medical device development group, StarFish Medical, is searching for an Intermediate Accountant with a least 5 years of business accounting and administrative experience to join their award winning team in Victoria, BC.
Are you someone who learns quickly? Do you bring a calm, focused approach to the teams you work in? Do you pride yourself on being able to meet firm deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and professionalism? If you answered yes, then keep reading!
Reporting to the Director of Finance, your primary responsibilities include supporting month-end processes, working paper preparation, financial reporting and analysis, and payroll preparation. To be successful in this role, a clear understanding of the technical principles of the month-end closing process and reconciliations is required.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- Satisfaction of helping others through medical device technology
- An organization with strong core values
- A team oriented/collaborative environment
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- Active social committee
- 50% BC Transit cost sharing
- Galloping Goose cycling access close by
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work
Our Ideal Candidate Brings:
- A diploma in accounting or equivalent combination of accounting coursework paired with accounting and administrative experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of combined accounting and administrative experience in a business accounting environment supporting month-end processes, working paper preparation, and payroll preparation.
- Experience with regulatory filings, financial reporting and analysis is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software, and SYSPRO or other ERP software is ideal.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, ideally with knowledge and experience in project accounting or job costing, would be considered an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills, with proficiency in Outlook and Word.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines while maintaining and ensuring a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- Demonstrate good judgement and the ability to manage highly confidential material is critical.
- Strong relationship building, verbal and written communication skills.
- A lifelong learner, open to new processes, software and general accounting practices
- A “figure-it-out” attitude and the drive to make things better.
Please see the Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn about the finer details of this position.
Your salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a competitive benefits and profit sharing package are included.
To find out more about StarFish Medical, visit: www.StarFishMedical.com If you want to be a part of the innovation and excitement, we encourage you to apply!
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting via firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a cover letter that describes how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement. No phone calls please.